Gleam Team Cleaning & Garden Renovation Project
Maidstone Gleam Team are able to provide business customers with a range of interior and exterior cleaning services,as well as gardening and grounds maintenance for larger external areas.
In March 2015 we were contacted by a property developer living abroad who owned what was formerly an 18th century mansion, and he had had it converted into 8 separate 1/2 bedroom flats in the Maidstone area. Building work had been completed 18 months earlier since which the building and large grounds had been left unoccupied and neglected. The rear of the property is approx 500 sq metres in size consisting of 2 small private gardens with decking for the ground floor flats and a large communal area also with decking. The front had a driveway with parking for 8 cars and paths at the front and side. The entire property had been overrun by weeds,shrubbery was growing out of control and the grass was well over one metre high in places. It had collapsed under its own weight creating a ‘thatching’ effect and preventing sunlight or rainwater reaching the ground level and soil,and killing all the grass roots. The insides had been left in a mess by the builders and accumulated 18 months worth of dust and dirt on top,as well as having an infestation of woodlice.
The owner wanted the flats sold as soon as possible and needed a company who could be relied upon to come in and quickly transform the building and grounds into as place where people would be proud to live. The estate agents handling the sale recommended Gleam Team as we have previously done work for both staff and their clients in the past.
After being consulted by the owner and obtaining keys, over the next week several staff set about cleaning the entire property from top to bottom which meant every room in every flat over 3 floors,and all communal areas including landings,stairs and entrance hall:
- carpets and wood & tiled floors vacuumed and steam cleaned
- original feature wooden staircase,bannisters,spindles and panelling cleaned and wax polished
- inside windows,doors,walls,ceilings,skirting boards,kitchen appliances,sinks,taps,bathroom surfaces etc thoroughly cleaned and polished
- wooden kitchen work tops treated with Danish Oil to waterproof,protect and enhance appearance
- woodlice infestation treated and cleared with preventative measures added
Above is a brief summary of just some of the cleaning required before moving to the outside:#
- gutters cleared
- outside windows,fascias,soffits & cladding cleaned
- paths & decking jet washed
- weeded throughout followed by application of path clear weedkiller
- decking & fence staining
- garden clearance
- large tree cut down,stump removed and pruning / trimming of trees and shrubbery
- due to grass length initial strimming followed by gradual cutting down of grass
The images numbered 1. and 2. show the garden before and after clearance and 3. is the final result 2-3 weeks later after re-seeding.